SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bille_gw

Looking for miniature AV culture advice

Bill
9 years ago

Boy, that title should open me up to a comment or two....or six...

I've grown a few AV's over the years along with my orchids, and never had any real problems with them. Some of these plants were from leaves, others were plants given to me. Some of these turned out to be right nice specimens.

Now, in my old age.......I'm thinking about trying some miniatures, just for the "kicks and giggles" of it, and to see if I can grow them with a wick system. I have read a few posts here about wick culture, and think it will be interesting to play around with.

I know there are AV fertilizers and AV potting mixes, AV pots, and a million other AV trinkets out there, so I am going to turn to the experts and see what you would suggest.

Let me know what works for you, what you tried and wish you hadn't, and maybe even a thing or two that you are afraid to try and wish you could get someone else to try first.... I'm not going to promise to use any of your suggestions, but I'll listen and consider, and then like the headstrong old coot my wife knows I am, I'm probably going to do what I darned well want to,

What I am saying is that I am seriously interested in learning something a bit new to me, and do seriously want to hear from you, and you, and, yes, even you too.

Thanks for indulging a silly old man, but now lets see what we can learn.

Bill

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting