SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muherdatl

Help with Logan Lab soil test results

muherdatl
9 years ago

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join in. I got a soil test done through Logan Labs and I'm looking for some input on what I can do to help things.

A little background....this is a new construction home that we closed on in January. The sod was laid in November so it was dormant when it was laid (at least I believe it was) and it's still dormant. There is no root growth yet but I'm hoping that changes in the upcoming weeks. I am located in NW Atlanta so it's starting to act like spring a little.

The sod is Bermuda, about 4,000 sq feet of it. The builder told me it is common bermuda but admitted he wasn't sure. After reading more, it's likely I have Tifway 419 so I've asked the builder to confirm with the sod farm. I should hear back on Friday.

I've read the Bermuda Bible and have it bookmarked. This is what prompted the soil test. When I did the test, I was worried to see no topsoil laid under the sod. It was just hard, red, Georgia clay.

So I've been waiting patiently to get the results back which came today. To my surprise, I expected worse. Now, I'm a complete noob to this but I've tried reading to get an idea of what is "good" and "bad" numbers. It looks like I'll be seeing some lime in my near future to help balance the pH levels and add calcium. I know my TEC is a little low but not positive what directly effects that. Organic matter seems low as well.

But again, I am completely new to this so I'm not sure what I need to do to help the soil out. Any input from you guys is greatly appreciated. If you need any further info, I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)