SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melis918

Gaggenau oven install/design dilemma- please help!

Melissa Kroger
9 years ago

My plan all along has been to install a single 24" gagg convection oven to use as a third oven (we will have a 48" range as well). This would be in a tall cabinet with a microwave drawer below the oven. My KD wants me to go with the Miele 24" oven instead, because she says the gagg install will look terrible and ruin the aesthetics of the kitchen. Her reasoning is that in order to open the side opening oven door all the way, it would need to sit proud of the cabinet, which would force us to install the mw drawer forward as well, causing a clunky design in an otherwise contemporary kitchen. If the oven is installed flush, the door will only open 90 degrees. I really want to make the gagg work because I like the side opening door and the temp reliability with this oven. Also, the Miele 24" does not have self clean, which is a problem for me. I am wondering if anyone has a gagg installed flush and if so, how does the door swing function for you? I'm also wondering if anyone thinks that it would somehow work to install the gagg proud of the cab and the mw drawer flush? I'm terrible with visualization and don't want to discuss this with my KD until I know exactly what I want to do.

Here is the oven wall elevation:

Here is the overall layout:

Comments (13)