SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabtn

Are my cactus and succulents in trouble? (+ help ID)

gabtn
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

A month ago, I acquired these potted babies, and they looked this:

Now, they look like this:

You could notice the stems grew taller. The tallest one -- not sure what it's called -- did not just grow in height it also branched out on the sides. Cactus also grew taller and thinner. I thought this was a good thing... until I saw the pictures from a month ago.

Here are more current pictures:

I touched the spikes and they didn't poke at all. They were softer than before. Could they be wilting?

Here you could see the leaves of the tall one turning yellowish. Yesterday I touched a leaf to stroke it and found myself surprised it fell off easily. I touched the others and one whole branch fell off.

Some tips are also drying up :(

Here's the flower-like one. Aesthetically became less appealing in my opinion, but looking like the healthiest...

I live in a tropical country. Watered them once a week and kept them about 3 inches away from a windowsill where bright light shines every morning for about 4-5 hours. I thought the growth in height was a good thing until they looked like this. Started researching online and found this great resource of a website. Would appreciate any tips and advise you could share! Hope you could also help me in identifying what these plants are called. I'm guessing Trichocereus and Echeveria?

BTW, the pot has no holes at the bottom. I'm thinking if I should repot and how soon. I would also prefer them to stay small and cute, is there any way to achieve that without risking their health? Thanks a lot!

Comments (13)