SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Credenza for mcm home

rockybird
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I have been searching for a credenza for the tv in the living room area for years. I am currently usung my grandmother's credenza, which she bought used in the 50's or 60's. I really wanted an original Arne Jacobson with colored panels, but these are nearly impossible to find and are too much $$$. The knoll credenza is over 10k, so that is out of the question. Yesterday, I saw the Morrison credenza, new at dwr and on sale for 4200, which seems much more reasonable. It is made in NYC by a small furniture co. There is also the knock-off of the Finn Juhl credenza by Joybird Furniture, which looks to be hand made and their company has great reviews. The only thing about this one s that I have so much colorful artwork that I think I should stay neutral.

What do you think of the Morrison credenza in dark stained white oak, marble top? Do you think it would work with the red rock wall? I think the walnut/travertine is too light for the rock wall (see link-cant find a downloadable pic) and I already have a lot of walnut. I'm not sure if I am ready to buy this right now, but I am thinking about it.

http://www.dwr.com/product/morrison-credenza.do?sortby=ourPicks

Morrison, dark wood:

Joybird credenza:

Living room - I would declutter and have only the credenza against the rock wall - like a center piece.

Comments (22)