How do I cope?

ireland33_gw

It's been 8 weeks since my daughter has spoken to me she will speak when she has an issue such as if her daughter didn't sleep long enough will call drilling me and saying i'm not trying hard enough to get her to sleep i cried the other day with my granddaughter when she kept saying "Na,Na no sleep .I want to ask my daughter tomorrow when she drops her daughter off if this is the way it's going to continue and want to say I'm not a drop off child care and you need to have some consideration for me helping out,someone responded before saying she's using you as a doormat and that's exactly what i feel like.She's expecting her second child in June and when she was expecting before she threatened us if we didn't change we wouldn't see our grandchild .It wouldn't surprise if she did the same this time and part of me is scared that she'll use the new baby as as another threat against us. I have so much fun with my granddaughter and scared to say anything that might have my daughter stop bringing her.Any thoughts?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hatetoshop

Has your daughter always been so disrespectful, or is this a change since she married/had a child? If your daughter is not coping well, and is taking it out on you, then advise her to get help/counselling. Is she also taking it out on her kid? You need to make sure.

The next step is the hardest -- just say "no". Tell your daughter that you love her and your granddaughter, but you will not be threatened, disrespected, or used. Then stick to your guns. Stand up for yourself -- you can do it, but get help if you need it. Actually, counselling would be great for you too.

Good luck. This must be so difficult.

Save    
sylviatexas2
ireland3_gw, what was wrong with the thoughts you garnered on this thread?
The only way to stop stop the abuse is to stop it.
If you won't listen to your husband, though, why would you listen to anybody else?

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2827134/adult-daughter-says-actions-speak-louder-than-words?n=10
Save    
ireland33_gw

hatetoshop

Our daughter has always been a touch disrespectful and have no idea where it came from .her dad and herself have always butt heads him being the stern and laying things out and and her always going her own way.But she has completely changed ever since she met her now husband always had to be with him never was home and eventually moved in with him which I didn't take well at all.Her now husband never came to see us in all the years I think 6 times in 6 years .My husband was very hurt and I we let them know he said he was always working.They said they make more of an effort but that has never happened.We thought once they were married things would be different NO,then when they had their first child but not then either.At this point I just want to see my granddaughter as much as I can and just wait each week for thursday to come.She regularly texts her sister about any news or new milestones and then she shares it with me.Ex; the other day she sent a picture of my granddaughter doing her first #2 in the toilet.I called wanting to say congrads my granddaughter but my daughter never picked up. I just want to carry on as if things are fine but it's always weighing on my mind that this isn't the way things should be....

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 10 Ways to Cope With Grief During the Holidays
If you are experiencing loss, take it from an experienced griever — life has changed forever, but it does get better
Full Story
Life Polar Vortex: How Houzzers Are Coping With the Storm
Spirits are staying high even as the mercury plunges to new lows. Do any of these firsthand accounts sound familiar?
Full Story