SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbabug

Closet pantry or not?

abbabug
9 years ago

I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get opinions and thoughts on closet pantry vs cabinet pantry.

I presently have a corner step in pantry that will stay. To the right of the corner pantry is where the Electrolux fridge/ freezer columns will go. That will take up 75". I was going to have a 33" cabinet pantry put in next to the Electrolux columns and then follow that with two 33" base and upper cabinet runs. This ends at the hallway.

I am now considering replacing the 33" cabinet pantry with a closet pantry....it could probably go larger...maybe 36" or more with double doors. Then adjust the other cabinets accordingly. The Electrolux would be in an alcove with cabinets above. Functionally, I prefer this to the 24" deep cabinet pantry.

I know I will lose some space due to dry walling but am more concerned with how this will look. Will it look strange to have the corner pantry door, monster fridge/freezer and then double doors for a closet pantry? Thoughts, comments or insight anyone?

Thanks !

Comments (16)