SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_whitegreen

wood floor finish (am I being too picky)

We recently had our wood floors refinished with the Bono satin water sealer. Under the two coats of sealer is a coat of an amber seal to bring out a pop of color. We love the way it turned out but have some issues with the finish. There seems to be areas where it just looks way too thin. And then there are a lot of things under the finish (hair, grime, gunk, etc). The refinisher knows we are unhappy and it willing to abrade and recoat. Am I being unrealistic? Should the finish we smooth and free of debris? I am concerned that having a total of 3 coats of the finish will be too thick. I'm also bummed as we already have a few scratches. This stuff doesn't seem to be very durable. And this floor was a prefinished floor so they sanded down the bevels. I was hoping that the cracks would be filled to prevent spills from getting in the cracks but they are still there. Is that to be expected? They aren't huge cracks, but in some cases enough to get my fingernail between the boards. Thanks for any tips!

Comments (12)