SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?

Carrie B
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have no idea the temptation to post my obsessions hourly)

In considering a window behind the sink, my inclination is to want the window to be flush with the counter - that would give me more "below" view, especially considering that my view is very shallow (the neighbors' walls are fewer than 16' from that window, my garden is - on the ground - between the window & that wall.) It seems like it would also be nice - especially in winter when the garden isn't pretty - to have a few small plants on the sill - directly in my line of sight.

The downside to counter-depth, I'd think, would be sink splatter - even a row of 4 or 6" tile would catch some of that. Anything else?

What do you think? Are there other considerations? Below is a photo, taken outside, standing against my wall, in approximately the same area the widow will be. Given that I walk up three steps to get into my house, the window view - looking straight out - would be from up higher - of mostly neighbors' walls - I'd have to look down to see the garden.

Comments (55)