SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Several specific questions . . .

mrspete
9 years ago

Topic 1:

Recently another poster showed an example of Luxury Vinyl Tile on this board. Today I was at Lowes and looked at the stuff for myself -- and I was impressed! It looks good, and the price is certainly right. I like that it's easier on the joints and legs. I like the idea that it could run into the kitchen (I was planning to go with tile instead of non-waterproof hardwood or laminate).

Two things about which I'm not clear:

- I don't think a heated floor is possible under this LVT, is it?

- If we used it in the bathroom, how would it look to have LVT on the floor and tile in the shower /on the walls? Would the two look okay side-by-side?

Does anyone have this stuff personally? I'd like to hear endorsements (or condemnations, if appropriate!).

Incidentally, we're building in the country on acreage, so we're not concerned with fitting into a neighborhood and/or resale.

Topic 2:

Fireplace insert vs. wood stove. Either way, we want it to be operated by gas, and we want it to be able to produce some heat. If we're talking about efficiency, the wood stove wins. And if we used a wood stove, we'd want a nice stone wall behind it -- something kind of like a masonry fireplace. But can a wood stove ever be a real centerplace like a fireplace?

Does anyone have pictures of really nice . . . wood stoves?

Topic 3:

This is a real oddball question: The plan from which we're working includes a wonderful screened porch off the back . . . with an outdoor kitchen and grill INSIDE the screen porch. Does this strike anyone else as . . . well, a really bad idea?

Seems like I had a few other topics on my mind, but I can't remember what they were. I'll remember them as soon as I hit "post".

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!