SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizbest1

I'm So Bored!

lizbest1
9 years ago

Why does this winter feel SSSSOOOO LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGGG?? We're getting snowed on nonstop this weekend, storm slowly crept in Friday evening and isn't supposed to leave us alone until tomorrow. Luckily so far it seems we're getting the lower end of estimates for the weekend, probably 8-10 inches out there now. It is so disheartening to see all of the flower beds that were mostly exposed last week under that much snow again, feels like spring will never come. I am so ready for this year's peony pictures!

This much snow traps me inside since I just don't want to deal with the crap of going out in it. That's a bad thing because none of the on-line peony sellers are negatively impacted by the weather; probably just the opposite in my case! So far I've ordered 21 peonies for this spring and fall. Here's my list to date:

Allan Rogers, Anemoneflora Rosea, Annisquam, Bright Knight, Coralie, Dad, Dai Jo Kuan, Ensign Moriarity, Kirinmaru (Fina Gardens this time, I'll post the pic of the root when it comes in to compare it to the ones from SpringHill) Liebchen, Lois Kelsey (This one was on my list of haves before but I can't locate it. I think it was a GW purchase 6-7 years ago so maybe a mis-id. They've been so good the last couple of years though and their prices are so good I just won't stop ordering from them!), Mandarin's Coat, Marie Jacquin (aka Bridesmaid and Waterlily), Marilla Beauty, Mary Elizabeth, Pink Cotton Candy, Queen of Hamburg, Requiem, Roselette's Child, Sweet Melody and Winged Victory.

Anyone else out there going "why isn't it spring already" crazy? I'm ready for my garden!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner