SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

First post of the year! Last new addition of 2014 went to: Buddha!

DavidL.ca
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

So since the harsh winter has hit Canada, I stopped coming to GW daily and I have to say I missed it dearly! And was definitely surprised by this new layout. I like the more modern/clean look and easier way to attach things in the post, but as some others have mentioned I'm not sure about the reply system and kind of miss the preview page.

Anywho.. I posted a few posts titled "Year-end last hurrah.." late last year as I acquired a few plants in my bucket list online. And as things got busy towards the end of the year I totally missed the last plant I got. So here it is: Crassula cv. "Buddha's Temple" I know most of the enthusiasts would know of this plant already, but since I first saw a picture of it I always thought it was the maddest-looking thing. Now on to attaching photos!

Freshly potted in November:

It has a funky growth pattern..

I find the top of this plant especially beautiful

After a few months of growth at rather-cold winter windowsill:

A few leaves near the base dried out so it doesn't look as compact there, but otherwise the new growths mostly seem nice a tight, considering the already-limited light source this window gets, I do have it under plant light most of the day though.

Another angle, close-up look at this weird fella.

I hope it is doing fine so far, anyone growing these can share tips and perhaps photos as well? Would love to know more about it!

My other "Last Hurrah" posts:

Year-end last hurrah 1: Yellow striped zebra!

Year-end last hurrah 2: A flowering lizard in the wild...

Year-end last hurrah 3: Variegated spotted ox tongue!

Planning to post a mid-winter update of all my plants soon too, most of them survived and are doing quite well, some better than the others..

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath