yayagal

Firefox and Chrome STYLISH add on to change the print and background

Yayagal
9 years ago

For people with Firefox you can download Stylish addon and then click on
the S icon in the upper right of your page, click on find styles for
this page, choose one and you're good to go. Mine has a cork background
and a nice soft gray page with bigger blacker print. Nice and neat. I
love it. You have a choice of three backgrounds. Most people in the conversation have changed and love it. Easy to do.
EmailComment16BookmarkLike1

justgottabeme Very interesting. I wonder if chrome has such an addon? Thanks Yayagal!

1 Like Bookmark You thanked justgottabeme on Sunday at 9:01PM

justgotabme Well, I just signed up to try firefox, I used it before, and I was asked to sign in using my GW account, so I think I'm back to the old spelling of justgotabme. Now I just have to remember how to get addons!

Like Bookmark Say thank you on Sunday at 9:14PM

terriks Stylish has an extension for Chrome too. Just Google Stylish add on Chrome. I tried the Morning Glory first, but the text didn't stay in the text areas and ran over into the morning glory border.

Like Bookmark Say thank you on Sunday at 9:21PM

Edit|Delete

Yayagal justgotabme go to TOOLS and find ADDONS

Like Bookmark on Sunday at 9:48PM

justgotabme I figured it out. Thanks Yayagal! It I chose the morning glories and it looks almost exactly like the old GW! Love it. The background where I type is still light, but a pale lavender. Thanks Terriks. I'll try that and see if I prefer to stay with Chrome or change back to firefox. I used it for quite a few years, but changed to Chrome about a year ago.

Like Bookmark Say thank you on Sunday at 9:56PM

justgotabme Okay, now I have the same old GW background on Chrome! Awesome. Thanks Yaya and Terriks.

1 Like Bookmark Say thank you on Sunday at 10:08PM

Olychick Thank you! I really like the visual now. It's much warmer and more visually friendly to look at HD/GW.

1 Like Bookmark Say thank you on Sunday at 11:04PM

SheeshareeII Those morning glories are so much better to look at! Thanks!

1 Like Bookmark Say thank you on Sunday at 11:44PM

DLM2000 BIG improvement!! Doesn't say a lot for the Houzz web designers that we have to do this on our own, but so be it - at least I can participate here again.

1 Like Bookmark Say thank you Yesterday at 6:23AM

Funkyart Awesome.. thank you so much for sharing! I wonder who is creating these skins-- the three available for houzz are all new and reference the GW takeover. If it is someone on this forum-- thank you so much! I am opting to use the same background that yaya is using vs the morning glories.. but they are both great improvements!

1 Like Bookmark Say thank you 22 hours ago

roarah Thanks yayagal, this is great!

jlc712 Thank you, thank you YaYa! What an amazing improvement that makes! Love it.

SheeshareeII I don't know how long it takes to make changes such as this, but I'm wondering if the Houzz designers would like to keep it as is for a certain look and are hoping people 'adjust'. Hopefully not, since this isn't just about visual pretties.

Like Bookmark Say thank you 21 hours ago

molanic I found out about the Stylish add-on from the below thread on the computer forum. Richard on that thread wrote the first two I believe and I used his code to work on my own. I wanted something quite dark for my purposes and uploaded my style there too. He told me how to add user options so people could pick their own font, size, colors, etc. So I just did that today and made a few more changes including lightening it a bit, and then re-uploaded it. I tried a few different color schemes with the new options and it worked well for me. I detailed more of the changes on the userstyles site. Anyone can download the code to play with and upload their own version back onto the site. http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2831068/changing-houzz-page-appearance?n=10 https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/gardenweb

Like Bookmark Say thank you 18 hours ago

Funkyart Molanic.. thank you and Richard for sharing your updated styles! It has made a big difference for me!

Like Bookmark Say thank you 15 hours ago

beaglesdoitbetter1 I just did this for Safari and it worked. Yay!

Like Bookmark Say thank you 14 hours ago

Click to switch off notifications about new comments

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!