hard to let go

greendalelady

I lost my husband of 37 years in just 3 weeks of finding out he had lung cancer, it's just so hard .I don't want to even be in the house, it's been 6 months and I just am having a hard time. He was the love of my life. Is anyone else going through this

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mama goose_gw zn6OH

I'm so very sorry. You might have been thinking that you're in a bad
dream, that surely you will wake up to find your real life. As time
passes you begin to realize that this is reality--a reality that you
never imagined. I was widowed after 32 years of marriage to my high
school sweetheart, best friend, and great love. I truly feel that he was
the best part of me--I couldn't imagine that I could exist without him, but
here I am more than four years later, so you are not alone. I wish you peace.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoAnn_Fla

Yes, its the hardest thing we will ever have to do. I am at 3 yrs 5 months and it sometimes feels like I won't get through this. I miss him more everyday and wish I could just hold him. I was married just over 40 yrs. I go to daily strength for support

Widows - widowers support

It has been a lot of help to many there. It will get easier for you but it take time and then more time. 1 step, 1 day at a time.

Hugs

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Budget Decorator: Let’s Go Thrifting
Dip into the treasure trove of secondhand pieces for decor that shows your resourcefulness as much as your personality
Full Story
Decorating Guides Edit Keepsakes With Confidence — What to Let Go and What to Keep
If mementos are weighing you down more than bringing you joy, here's how to lighten your load with no regrets
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Let's Go Indigo!
These rich-looking indigo-blue rugs, furniture pieces and accessories are dyed-in-the-wool fabulous
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Superior Scape, Inc. was established in 1984 and has been creating award winning landscapes, breathtaking... Read More