SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotagardener

Seeking advice about current indoor seed starting setup

dotagardener
9 years ago

Hello,

I am new to gardening and would like to start some plants indoor for transplanting outside into my garden. I will provide a link to the light I am using and a picture of my set up. I also have a small fan and a heater I use to but these are nearby just not seen in the picture. I was concerned and could not find any specific information about how high above my plants to put my particular light. My goal is too grow these sprouts 4-5 inches tall before transplanting. My direct sowing got pwned by birds but I now have a net to block them out when i transplant these until they are large enough I wont need it anymore. Any advice or recommendations are appreciated, although the more frugal your advice the more likely I would be able to use it. Thanks and here is a photo and a link to the light.

PS The reason I went for this light is because it was freely given to me by a cousin who is into fish bigtime.

-light appearance 7500k

-brightness 660 lumens

http://www.marineland.com/Products/aquarium-lighting/LED-Aquarium-Lighting/Advanced-LED-Strip-Light.aspx

Comments (10)