SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjnave

I am new to posting, but long time follower of Hosta Forum

jjnave
9 years ago

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to say hello to everyone, since I have been following you all for several years, I have learned so much. Thanks to all. I am hoping my life has gotten to where I can maybe participate now, and not so busy. I live in TN. right on the Ky-Tn Line and I have been attempting to grow hosta for years, but got more serious about 5 years ago. I lost a huge Oak Tree on the other side of my house and had to move some hosta, so made a new bed down in my Gulley, that is the picture I have posted of the new bed, I used it as a dayliy holding bed in 2012, moved the 2 big hosta in 2013, and added all the babies, except for about 12 which I put in there in 2012, that I got from Ed's hosta on ebay, which were more like plugs, most of them will have to be moved this year, and last year I bought a ton of Hosta from Naylor Creek when they had the sale last Aug-Sept on the hosta library auctions. I have spent a great deal of my time, clearing out the brush about 5 years, you can see the remainder I still did not have burned last spring in the background, so I would have shade for my Hosta, I will post more pictures someday of what it looked like and what it looks like now. We have freezing rain suppose to turn into snow and get like 8 inches today. TWo weeks ago I was out weeding my Iris beds. So our weather is a freeze and thaw all winter every year, but my hosta do pretty good I have not lost any so far, can't wait til spring, so excited. Plan to make many pictures of my babies this spring. Again Thanks to you all for all the information you post each and every day. I am sure there are others who read your forum and do not post. You probably have no ideal how many people you help.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor