SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

OMG my morning at Whole Foods

dedtired
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I dropped my mother off at the hair salon this morning and then, thinking it was early enough to beat the crowds, I headed to Whole Foods. What a mistake. I found parking right away, but there were no carts. I walked in the door and there was a veritable mob scene in front of the flowers (Valentine's Day). I grabbed some red tulips for mom and a hand basket because that was all that was left. I picked up a few items and then made a small salad at the salad bar. I ran into a woman I used to work with and detested. Said hi and kept moving.

Since it was early I bought a cup of coffee. I decided to get a scone to go with it. There were no bags left. I carefully put the coffee (with lid) in the corner of the hand basket and carried the scone in a sheet of bakery paper. Forgot about the coffee and it tipped over. I didn't discover it until I had left a trail of coffee all the way to the checkout. I was so embarrassed. I wiped up what I could with my napkin when I noticed an employee following me with a towel. Half my purchases were dripping coffee for the poor checker. She asked if I wanted my receipt so I said Yes, so I can remember the day I made a mess of Whole Foods.

Out to the parking lot, where the guy next to me had parked so close to the person on the other side of him that he couldn't get out of the car. Finally he crawled across, got out the passenger side, surveyed his rotten parking job, got back in via the passenger door and straightened the car out. He did this TWICE before he got it right. In the meantime I could not back out until he had completed his antics. Oh by the way, I had dripped coffee into my shoe, which was now getting cold and squishy.

I wanted to back out and go left but someone was coming down the aisle taking their half out of the middle so I had to go the other way and circle the entire parking lot, dodging shoppers and cars pulling in and out before I could make my escape.

Moral of the story: don't go to Whole Foods on Saturday morning! Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer