SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti_sills

replacing Viking range, but with what? DCS or Wolf?

Patti Sills
9 years ago

We have owned our Viking 36" gas range for 3 years and hate it so much that we're going to bite the bullet and replace it. It hasn't worked since day 1. Malfunctioning includes, but not limited to, the burners either need constant cleaning, or it's necessary to use a lighter to ignite the burner. A year ago the griddle all of a sudden started turning itself on!! Repeatedly!! Despite numerous visits from our Viking Repairman, the oven has never maintained the correct temp. We installed a thermometer in the oven rather than pay one more penny for bad service. The folks at Viking are even less help - almost zero customer service. The igniter has already been replaced, as have a number of other pieces /parts.

After a bit of research, I believe I have narrowed our choices for a new range to the DCS or the Wolf. Any thoughts? I understand a gentleman named Weissman here has a great deal of knowledge, but there is nothing on his page. About the only thing I do like about the Viking is the integrated stainless steel backsplash and shelf, which attaches directly to the back of the oven. Our Thermador hood has warming lights, as well as directional lights and fan, making a separate warming oven unnecessary. But more important is the range itself. Any thoughts on the Wolf vs. DCS?

Comments (3)