SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbaspal

Induction cooktop as focal point — any ideas??

kitchengirl
9 years ago

Hi all,

I plan to have a 36" induction cooktop and stacked wall ovens around the corner in our new kitchen, in the home we are building. It has been very difficult for me to stick with this plan, because I love the focal point that a range with an elegant hood over it creates in a kitchen. I have spent untold hours fighting this in my mind. I plan to give up gas after using it most of my life b/c it makes me just too hot in the summer or when cooking for guests (mid-50's F).

My issue is how to make a focal point when my cooktop is 3/8" thick?! I know the hood will add elegance, but is it strange to have a large plastered hood when you can't really see the cooktop? I've thought of using a different material for a bank of drawers below the cooktop as a visual device, i.e., there is something the hood is centered over, but that seems contrived, as the cooktop is centered on an 11' long counter with tall windows on either side of the hood (no cabinets on that wall). The cooktop is behind an island and the base cabinets will likely be walnut, so there is "weight" below the counter.

Any comments / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (17)