SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_hahn8366669

Negotiations with builders?

Lizzie
9 years ago

Hello all,

We are planning to build in a community in a community that requires we choose from their preferred builder list. After meeting with 6 of the preferred builders, we really felt drawn to one in particular. Several days later, we wrote the builder to express our interest in working with them. Fast forward to this week after meeting with a realtor to sell our home. This realtor essentially told me that I needed to hold my cards much tighter, that I needed to essentially create communication that would encourage the builders to bid for for our home, or place us in a position to negotiate the price down with our "chosen" builder. I'm just a pretty straight forward, open person; thought I was doing the right thing by being open with our finances, wishes, etc. Question for you all: What in the world is she talking about? What kinds of things were you able to negotiate? Did you use a realtor on the buying end- what were the pros/cons of this? I feel in over my head, and we haven't even started yet!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!