SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

How are your partner's taste buds?

Nancy
9 years ago

Do any of you have a problem spouse. DH just does not like my cookin'. Once upon a time I could try new recipes, quite often they weren't that good, but DH would eat them anyway. I think I've become a better cook over the years & quite like my cooking, & my kids (now adults) always say its really good. They both say my lasagna & a few other things I make are better than they've had anywhere. I'm not hard to please, I just love food, but DH doesn't. I imagine a lot has to do with the meds he is on, but I'm starvin' here! I was just reading through the tomato sauce thread, thinking I would like to try the long cooked recipe. I have done something similar years ago & it didn't go over that great. I got where I make my sauce from canned tomatoes & add seasonings & ground beef. Recently DH told me to stop making the sauce, he prefers a can of Hunts spaghetti sauce. Now that I'm retired & can cook more, DH would rather go out to eat. We're not talking gourmet food that he wants either. He wants Taco Bell, Long John Silvers, etc. Please believe me, my Mexican food is way better than TAco Bell.
Ah well, forgive my rant. I really just needed an outlet this morning :) I guess I should just learn to make small amounts of what I like & let him go out to eat.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012