SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wags848

What Color Sink with Sea Pearl Quartzite?

wags848
9 years ago

I am frozen in indecision...just can't pull the trigger on a sink for our kitchen refresh. Cabinets are existing maple w/cherry stain, island top is soapstone with lots of green & pattern in it. We have Sueded Sea Pearl Quartzite planned for the perimeter counters.

I've wanted a farm sink & like the Kohler Whitehaven, as it would be an easy install with our existing cabinets. Thought I'd go with standard white, but it's my least favorite after looking at color options next to our slab. It seems too white, too stark, and I wonder if it's too much contrast with the cherry cabinets. I saw the cashmere color in a showroom & love it. It seems fairly neutral, but would we tire of it? Would it be introducing too many colors (although I prefer mixing vs matching)? Is it too much contrast with the quartzite?

I then saw the sea salt color which is more muted than white and has a small grainy pattern to it. Like it a lot. Thinking more neutral & might work. Then I saw the price...it's $1,400+ compared to $900 for the white & $1,200+ for cashmere. A lot for a sink. DH says get what I want...but I honestly don't know what I want now. Just hard to get a true feel for all the items together.

Re appliances, we currently have white. Considering slate or white ice for replacements down the road. Another decision. Sigh.

Please give me your honest opinions! Thank you in advance. I'll post photos one at a time. (Note: cabinet in this photo is not ours, but a close color match. Actual cabinet in photos that follow.)

Comments (13)