SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelsarni

Crab Grass

Kelsarni
9 years ago

G'day guys. I'm new to lawn care but very enthusiastic about it. Lived many years on a farm with a small water tank and finally bought my own property on scheme which is a massive luxury and all I ask for is a patch of nice lawn!

The area is about 8m x 15m and what can tell has been lawn many years ago. I've watered it, fed it, top soiled it and put Gypsum in with the clay I've had to break up.

Not knowing much about lawns I sent photos to a friend who said I possibly have both Kikuyu and Couch grass. I've noticed neither actually mix together. 80% is Kikuyu and a small percentage is Couch (my favourite). But of course for all I know she could be wrong and I could be watering weeds!

I noticed an inconsistency in some blades then a stalk popped up. Some research tells me it's most likely Crab Grass and the best advice is to remove but it's hard to tell what's grab grass and what's Kikuyu or is the whole thing Crab Grass!

I have just applied a Yates Weed & Feed. I understand this possibly won't kill it but I had already applied it before realising I possibly have Crab Grass.

I'm located in the Wheatbelt, Western Australia and the lawn gets 100% full sun and extremely hot and dry conditions.

I'd love some advice on what to do and possibly if I post some photos and find out if I've wasted my time?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services
More Discussions