SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

Need Design Inspiration- Powder/Laundry

localeater
9 years ago

We are redoing our entry floor which will be continuous into our 1st floor powder and laundry area. This project goes hand in hand with a new vanity for the powder and new laundry cabinetry. The floor will most likely be Vermont black slate I feel this is most in keeping with our Maine home, lifestyle, climate. I also feel it will transition well into the adjacent natural ash hardwood .
This is the entry
{{gwi:2138034}}From GW Photos

{{gwi:2138035}}From GW Photos

I believe that I want the laundry wall, to be built-in cabinetry, with the space to the left of the stacked W/D to have a counter and open shelves above.
I am struggling styling the space. It is a small space. I want the space to feel natural and in keeping with the rest of the house which is sort of rustic/modern.
Because it is a small space I am thinking of a shallow vanity and a semi recessed sink. The vanity would essentially be a 15" deep wall mounted box. I think I would like the countertop to waterfall down the side next to the toilet. I am considering marine finished wood because I think that will ground the more modern style vanity and sink with earthiness. Thoughts?
Sink
{{gwi:2138036}}From GW Photos

The kitchen and its cabinetry is near by, the house is all open floorplan. Should I use painted slab front cabinetry in the powder/laundry to be cohesive? That is what the kitchen island is, it is a soft greyish green.

This is the space at present- please ignore the glaringly bright pink {{gwi:2138037}}From GW Photos

{{gwi:2138038}}From GW Photos

Adjacent Kitchen
{{gwi:2138039}}From GW Photos

{{gwi:2138040}}From GW Photos

Comments (5)