SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizlizzie_gw

My leaky side spray & a mystery kitchen accessory?

MizLizzie
9 years ago

The other day I saw somewhere a little rubber or silicone mat that tucked in behind the kitchen faucet to catch drips. It might have been here. Or at Houzz. Or . . . maybe I dreamed it. Frightening thought. But I need one of these unicorns, and can't find one anywhere. It looked like an Oxo product -- gray and ribbed, like all their drying mats, but narrow, with a notch cut out to accommodate the faucet and maybe a side spray. I have googled all manner of phrasing, and combed Oxo and Amazon. Now I'm hoping someone here will know what I'm talking about?

I am trying to nurse a dripping faucet for a few weeks because the plumber is coming to start my laundry reno mid-February. Not a faucet leak, exactly, but when I turn on the kitchen faucet, water leaks from somewhere in the side spray, of all things, and drips down the spray lever. I wondered why water kept pooling behind my faucet and cracking my grout line. (I will post about this over the plumbing forum, but if anyone here has any clue why this might happen, I would love to know.). The faucet set is a fairly expensive Blanco, just 18 months old, and has been nothing but a curse to me, with an utterly useless soap dispenser that seemingly cannot be repaired. Only the side spray was worth bragging about . . . until now.

Thanks, guys!

Comments (5)