SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dr_girlfriend

dr.girlfriend's mega before-and-after kitchen thread

dr.girlfriend
9 years ago

You guys were so helpful when I was planning my kitchen reno...now that it's all done I wanted to share as much info as I could. I am 100% happy with how it came out, and wouldn't change a thing, and that's largely because of all the great planning advice I got here.

Here was the floor plan before:

{{gwi:2136770}}

And after:

{{gwi:2136771}}

We knocked down the right side of the wall between the kitchen and dining room, and put in a peninsula with kitchen sink/dishwasher/trash pullout on one side and higher shallow cabinets on the dining room side.

Sorry the "before" pics aren't that good, the kitchen was too small to stand back far enough to take a good picture.

Back wall before:

{{gwi:2136772}}

Back wall after:

{{gwi:2136116}}

Left side before:

{{gwi:2136773}}

Left side after:
{{gwi:2136774}}

Wall between rooms before:

{{gwi:2136775}}

Open space between rooms now:
{{gwi:1467847}}

{{gwi:2136776}}

View from dining room before:
{{gwi:2136777}}

View from dining room after:

{{gwi:2136778}}

I realized I don't have a good pic of the sink side after...this is it before the backsplash went up (the same grey tile as on the other wall):
{{gwi:2136779}}

All cabinets are IKEA Lidingo, standard sizes except for one we cut down to about a 6" depth to set to the right of the fridge -- this was the best idea, it stores so much in such a small sliver of space:

{{gwi:2136780}}

One more overview pic:

{{gwi:2136781}}

The sink is a Blanco Silgranit in the metallic grey -- it's beautiful:

{{gwi:2136782}}

Granite is Blanco Antico, but the lot was much lighter than this stone often is. Flooring is from Lumber Liquidators, an engineered hardwood we have throughout the adjoining room as well.

Fridge: LFX25991ST
Stove: LDE3037ST
Dishwasher:
Sink: Blanco Precis Super Single in Metallic Grey
Faucet: Delta Cassidy One Touch '
Instant hot water: Quick Hot system from Costco
Tile: Mission Stone and Tile, H-Line Glossy 3x6 subway tile in the color Pumice
Lighting: Pendants from LampsPlus Open Box, Moroccan cylinder light from Shades of Light

The whole reno came in around $22k, not counting the floor which we had already purchased. The contractor costs were about $9300, plus the cost of materials (but that included some extra work in the dining room, like installing crown molding there as well).

The paint color is prettier than it photographs...it's a beautiful warm griege (Benjamin Moore Cotswold), with a cream color below the chair rail (Benjamin Moore Etiquette).

Any other questions, feel free to ask. :-)

This post was edited by dr.girlfriend on Sat, Jan 24, 15 at 21:28

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert