SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

thoughts on new cabinet doors

cindywhitall
9 years ago

We bought our house with thermofoil cabinets. At the time we liked them, and the upgrade to a nice maple or cherry was too much $. I would love to get new cabinets, but the granite is only about 8 years old, an nobody seems willing to take responsibility for removing it to install new cabinets. Complete re-facing is the cost of new cabinets and I can't justify it. The boxes are in good condition and so I have decided just to get good quality wood doors, in white. Can't figure out how to add more than one picture, so I will add 2 more in separate post!

I am thinking of using Barkerdoor.com. I see a lot of photos with whtie kitchens have the shaker, or relatively flat style doors. I don't think that is my style. I have always been drawn to raised panel doors.

The green is staying because we just painted it to get away from the blue we had for a number of years. I don't know why I dind't consider white, maybe because that was the first color we used when the house was built. Too late now, at least for a few years.

I'm leaning towards the Windsor, though the Portland looks so pretty in white paint as shown on the cabinet finish page.
http://www.barkerdoor.com/Wood-Cabinet-Doors-s/5.htm
http://www.barkerdoor.com/Pure-White-Paint-s/183.htm

Do you think either of those styles will look like a change for the better? I want to buy the end panels but we'll see how the $$ comes out. They have Dover white or Pure white. I think PUre white is closest to the current cabinets. I am wondering if we will have to paint the faceframes between the doors and at the right side of the angle cabinet. In a perfect world the color of the new doors will be close to my current cabinets and I will only need a few end panels (island for sure) Somewhere on the site, or maybe the facebook page, they mentioned how a lot of cabinets used to use melamine so the pure white was meant to match that. I have a feeling that is what my boxes are similar to.

Thoughts or opinions? Money is a consideration so....Thanks!

Comments (22)