SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

New Years Resolutions, anyone?

Sueb20
9 years ago

I figured someone had to ask... :)

I don't generally do resolutions besides the usual (more exercise, less calories!) but for whatever reason, this year I'm making a mental list at least. DH and I have had a year full of stress because of difficulties with our oldest DS, and it has taken a toll on both of us but more me, I think, for a variety of reasons. The stress isn't going to go away, so I need to work on some ways to help myself deal better with it. My reaction to stress is always very physical -- tense shoulders and neck, teeth grinding in my sleep, feeling more run down and getting sick more easily. So, in addition to my 3x/week gym time, which helps, I've signed up for a weekly yoga class and am considering signing up for a second one (so then I'll have more intense exercise 3x and yoga 2x a week. I've also JUST started meditation, which I've been meaning to do for at least a year or two! I downloaded an app on my phone and started the intro sessions which are just 5 minutes.

I also need to get off the sugar now that the holidays are almost over.

And I have been ignoring some issues with my teeth for a while, so next week I'm calling for a consult about Invisalign.

Oh! And more massages! I find that I can't consider a deep-tissue massage a "luxury" any more. It is a necessity!

Anyone else?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida