SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Cooking for One; DB exiled to Agoura Hills

Lars
9 years ago

DB Kevin works at Sony Pictures, which was severely hacked just before Thanksgiving, crippling the company server, and so they have essentially shut down the Culver City offices, although not the studio lot (located where the old MGM used to be). No company emails work any more, and last week DB went to a Sony electronics office at Howard Hughes Center, but then the electronics branch threw them out, fearing that they would be affected by the hack. So then they went to another Sony office in Agoura Hills (1-1/2 hours from here in rush hour traffic), and Sony put the employees in a hotel from Wed-Fri, and they will be there the entire week this week. Therefore, DB will not be home all this week for dinner, and I will be eating alone :(.

There are a few things that I eat (and like to make) that Kevin will not eat, such as bacon, and so I am thinking that I will make some pasta carbonara with bacon, but I wonder if I can make two servings and successfully reheat half of it later. I might make some mini-pizzas with flour tortillas also, which is something I used to do when I was living alone. I will have to make the flour tortillas, however, and I'm not sure if I should make a bunch and save them or cook only part of the dough, as needed.

Anyone have special meals that they make for one?? I generally have sandwiches for lunch, and so I do not want to have that for dinner. I also do not like to go out to eat alone.

Lars

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations