SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doncrawley

Fisher & Paykel GWL 10 washer won't agitate

Doncrawley
9 years ago

I have a FP GWL 10 washer.--First would not drain
a) On a wish and prayer I ordered a new pump and replaced old one. The wish was expensive and the prayer failed.
b) Went to online appliance repairman. He directed me to make sure the drain line was clear and nothing was caught in the diverter valve or base of drain pump. Those were both clear.
c) I was then directed to replace the diverter valve which I did. All the washing machine would do is recycle the water back into the tub but still wouldn't drain.
d) I read your thread about disconnecting the wires from the diverter valve in case the motor control panel was keeping the diverter open. I did that and miraculously the machine would drain so based on that I ordered and installed a new control board.
e) The machine will now fill but just makes a noise and will not go into agitate mode. I ran diagnoses mode and got no problems communicated there. If I advance the wash cycle the machine will drain and go into spin mode.
Wondering if not in engaging with drive cog properly but if that is the case why is it ok in spin cycle. Or could it be I need to replace the RPS? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (5)