SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msfuquay

Exterior Elevation Needs Help

Let me first say that the most important aspects for me in building this house is for it to be airtight and the interior flow and functionality layout that works best for our family. Well, the exterior didn't get much attention- and it shows. I will build out those exterior porch posts and the rail probably won't be added. I think this home is lacking an idenification. My lumberyard contact called it a craftman-like exterior. I'm not building a craftsman home. And I'm not fond of pretending it's something it's not. Right now it's just a box. What does it look like to you ? A ranch?
What exterior choices do you think I could choose (siding, lighting, paint color choices, etc) that would help? Maybe a ceiling fan or two on the porch? Barn-type lighting? Lap siding? shingle siding? or maybe board and batten? Keep all one type of siding or a combo?
Any help would be appreciated. This home will be built on three acres facing south with the best views south and north. Neighbors east and west of us ( but not too close). Thank you for any suggestions.

Comments (8)