SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newgardenelf

Disappearing Brunch Guest

newgardenelf
9 years ago

I'd love to hear your responses.

We had a brunch for 20 this past Sunday. I made blueberry french toast casserole, coffee cake, banana bread, egg and cheese quiches, bacon, kielbasa dish, rosemary potatoes, huge veggie tray with hummus and dressing, several fruits individually sliced and presented, coffee, tea, mimosa, 4 types of soda, 4 types of juice.

Everyone arrived within 20 minutes of start except one couple who came an hour late (so some folks had, had seconds, but there was still plenty of everything and the hot items had been replenished. The husband filled his plate, the wife picked a few things.

The wife began complaining that she was hungry and wanted to go to a bakery. They asked my husband for his recommendations ( I was in the kitchen) and left. A half an hour later they returned which I find even stranger. I asked the husband and he said- oh you know sometimes people just want to eat what they like.

My husband believes that there wasn't enough food and maybe they felt like they got the crumbs. Since we actually had leftovers of everything, I disagree.

After the party, we received a lovely email from him thanking us for the invitation and what a lovely time they had. He mentioned that he learned I cook Thai food which is his favorite and hoped they would be invited for a Thai dinner.

I'm just perplexed by it all,

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions