SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ramc_gw

a couple of questions on the plan-in-progress

RaMc
9 years ago

We took a look at our 40 acres over Christmas (just east of Colorado Springs - rolling topography, partly treed on the north and east, bit of a mountain view to the west/southwest). The best building site (pending perc test, etc) seems to be a bit of a hill where we could bring the driveway in from the west, have a walkout basement to the east, have a nice southern exposure up top, with the garage to block the wind from the north. Came up with this plan based on all that. It's about 2200 sq ft on one level. Hope it is readable.
We're empty-nesters, so a walkout basement is not required, but is expected in this area, and nice for guests.That brown rectangle is the stairs going down, btw.
I like to be able to cook in peace sometimes, so imagine pocket or barn doors at the kitchen opening.

Among other things, I can't decide if I'd rather have a laundry room, or stack the W/D in that little square closet in the hall, and use the laundry for another master bedroom walk-in.
Also, the little nook in the kitchen is about 6x6 and is there so someone can be in the kitchen talking to me, or so I can read while the pasta boils. Think that's big enough for a little round table and a couple of small chairs...?
And - water heater etc on the main floor or downstairs? If we put them downstairs, the mud room/doors could be rearranged a little...

Comments (24)