SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Just had initial meeting with Kitchen Designer... Layout ?'s

njbuilding143
9 years ago

We just had the initial meeting with the kitchen designer and right off the bat we can't do the original kitchen design we had in mind due to our flooring choices.. We have opted to do tile in the kitchen and hardwood in the rest of the 1st floor.. We had originally wanted to angle out the cabinets so that we could add a little design instead of having a straight edge cabinet end.. Anyway, due to having tile and hardwood the builder and designer said it would be an unsightly cut and the finish would look off as they would have to stick a single piece to fill the void.. The only option was to switch the tile in the kitchen to hardwood or pick a new design.. We came up with two choices and of course my wife and I are torn between the two.. She has ALWAYS wanted and loved the idea of having an island.. However I just feel that we have this HUGE gap between the kitchen and living room (just under 6ft) and nothing to go there.. It is a nice buffer, but just wondering if its too much of a waste.. At least with the counter wrap around you could put two stools there.. Opinions?

Original Layout:
{{gwi:2133402}}

Original Layout Inspiration:
{{gwi:2133403}}

Option #1 w/ Island:
{{gwi:2133404}}

Option #2 w/ more cabinets/counter space
{{gwi:2133405}}

Comments (19)