SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinebaron1

New Home site in Blaine WA

Pinebaron
9 years ago

These are views from my next new 6ac home site, overlooking Drayton Harbor, Blaine WA. Home will be single level above full walkout basement, above grade, on a 122'x62' footprint. Basement with 11' ceilings, main home above with 10-22' ceilings. 7500sf basement with provision for two full size bowling lanes, initially unfinished. Level 1 with at least 6000sf finished and 1500sf unfinished (garages & workshop etc.).
I'm currently designing the home with a goal to completing entire foundation, framing, roofing & exterior before year end 2015. Taking advantage of awesome views, entire rear of the house will be almost completely floor to ceiling glass including 40' wide family room (22' ceilngs) adjacent to a 40' wide eating area and kitchen of the same width. 4 bedrooms with ensuite, 5th large bedroom/play area with 3 x2 bunk beds (for grandkids) and 6th smaller guest room with a large bathroom between. Formal living room, formal dining room, family room, large kitchen/eating area with walk in pantry, wet bar, main entry with circular foyer, powder room. Additionally a 15x15 sub-basement wine cellar is planned too.

The kicker is we are planning to move from our current home in NJ to WA in early May this year; the massive move is a daunting task in itself and we will rent property in Blaine WA, while the house is under construction till such time I have enough built permitting a move into. I'll sub heavy work out while puting significant time and work into entire interior and finishing myself. Though all untilities are on site, a 23KVA land based solar power array will be installed early on-site. Radiant heating throughout with 4-zone geo-thermal units; heated driveway even though it does not snow that much in Blaine but taking no chances; still bringing along my snowblower.

This post was edited by Pinebaron on Thu, Jan 1, 15 at 16:12

Comments (353)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths