SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Is my island the correct width? I don't think it is.

Aims
9 years ago

The trim carpenters have left and things are looking nice.

HOWEVER, please tell me if there is something wrong with my island. It should be 3 feet wide as the plan shows it at 3/4 inch wide and 1/4 inch = 1 foot. I haven't measured the island itself, but in eyeballing it, it is not 3 feet wide. It looks like it's about 2 feet wide. I know there is overhang with the countertops but it's not that much, right?

I don't know if the cook top drawing in the plan was the exact dimensions, but I looked up the dimensions of our actual cooktop and it shows to be 21-1/2 inches in depth. You can see the cut out at the end of the island that is near the window for the cooktop and its about the entire width of the island.

What do I do? I really don't think it's correct. I am betting the trim carpenters have already moved onto their next home. If it's wrong, I sure as heck not paying for them to rebuild it and if they did, it would probably delay other things that need to happen with the house. The painters are supposed to come in and start prepping this week. I haven't contacted my builder about this yet. This is yet ANOTHER thing that me, the chick who has never done this before has noticed after the fact.

This post was edited by aimless07 on Sun, Jan 25, 15 at 10:50

Comments (19)