SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
equinoxequinox

Unintended Bokashi AKA Diaper Pail on Steriods

equinoxequinox
9 years ago

Gather round my children... in the way olden days wee babies did not poop into plastic bags tied round their butts. No. Babies wee bottoms were swathed in beautiful, fluffy, absorbant cotton. No sitting around in 8 hour diapers for these wee folks. No. The second, the very second their bits got a bit o damp, their mums swiftly removed the offending wetness and Bob's your uncle there you sat in your fresh and dry diapie.

Now moms that did not want to wash the diapers had a diaper service. For less than a small fortune the diaper service would deliver fresh, clean, super hygienic,, sterilized 10 ways to heaven, cotton diapers right to your door. Their only requirement is that you put the soiled diapers into a bag that is stored in a pail. Now this pail is no simple pail. It is a super pail. Think 5 gallon pail on steroids, or at least growth hormones so it grows super tall. Tall like a double decker 5 gallon pail. These pails, I checked, are not even available on e-bay anymore. But I have one. Apparently an antique. After putting a foot of beautiful shredded cardboardie bedding into the bottom there was an addition of a foot of kitchen scraps. Then a pumpkin was added. A pumpkin about the same diameter as the pail. Then worm rich vermicompost was added. I can see their trails in the top 6 inches of the impromptu bin. When this bin was finally dumped wholesale into the Worm Inn it appeared that all below the pumpkin was as if bokashi. The smell was not bad it was as if pickled. I hope the batch of newly added worms harvested from the worm inn previous contents will do well and not die. Please do not die worms!

Comment (1)

• treehugging_druid
    8 years ago

that was entertaining. i remember those diaper pails ;)