SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swfx

Old problem with Miracle fruit plants

swfx
9 years ago

Hi everyone here!

I've been trying to grow miracle fruit plants for years but I keep losing them and I don't know what is wrong with them...

The soil mix was what people suggest: 50% peat moss and 50% perlite. The symptoms are always the same: tips or edges from leaves start turning brownish from inside (the tact at first is the same) then it advances until only about 1/3 remains green, turn crispy and fall. The plants keep growing some leaves but in the end they lose all and die.

So far any of the tips or instructions that I found did anything.

Some pages say it can be salts or fertilizer burn, but I already tried that to the point the plants developed severe chlorosis.

Other say salts building up from the water or chlorine, but I use reverse osmosis water.

From one post of this site I read about checking the roots, and they looked normal to me. The soil looked a bit compact so now I'm trying a new mix with more perlite and sand. Some say to let the soil dry a bit between waterings, and others to do it even every day.

At last, I measured the ph with one of these ph meters sold in garden centers since it's an acid loving plant, and it showed around 5 and 5.5.

So I have no clue on what to do... Any ideas will be very appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz