SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiojay

Dragon Fruit & Miracle Fruit

ohiojay
15 years ago

Got to start off by saying that my wife and I have been experimenting with our DF by leaving them on the vine several weeks after turning red. We both swear that the fruit has been sweeter the longer it's been on the vine.

I have several miracle fruit berries that are ripe so I ate one tonight for the hell of it. Just wanted to see if it made any difference with some pears and a dragon fruit plucked earlier. Believe it or not...if you haven't tried this combination yet...it really made the DF unbelievable! Much sweeter and the flavor was more intense.

The DF we ate tonight was on the vine the longest yet and my wife said it was a little sweeter than even the previous ones. Don't get me wrong...I'm not talking cane sugar sweetness here, but loads better than the normal bland taste you find with the Giant Viet.

She said it was already very good without a miracle fruit. So she went out and ate one and agreed that it made the fruit more sweet and flavorful...enough so to make it jump out at you.

So if you have the opportunity, try this combination and see what results you have.

Here's a pic taken from beneath my tree.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional