SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heavenlyfarm

NEW: Winter Sowing Swap 2014-2015

heavenlyfarm
9 years ago

Hi and Welcome!! :) If you have not been following my other thread about doing my own swap, then hello, I'm Michael and I hope to host a great swap! I'm sorry about the delayed timing and I know it is a last minute swap for winter sowing!

So for the rules:::

Rule #1 : This swap will run sign-ups till the 21st of January, packages must be mailed in by the 28th of January. I hope to have packages returned within a week time frame and by the 7th or so of February. (like I said this is late minute so please note this)

Rule #2 : HAVE FUN AND ENJOY IT :) I would want any of you newbies to have a good time and enjoy your first year of winter sowing and get some great seeds!!

Rule #3 : Post here if you would like to join and let us know about your winter sowing experience and how long you have been doing it or if this is your first time. Also if you wish(I encourage!!!), please post a wish list of your top 10 Wants!!This can be as vague or as specific as you want it to be but please be reminded that it will be harder to match seeds for you if you include only specific things and none was sent in for this swap!

Rule# 4: Please also send me an email with your GardenWeb Username and your mailing address.

Rule #5 : As it is my first time hosting, I will limit the total packets you can send in to 50!(only up to 3 of the same thing/variety please!) Please have each seed packet labeled with the year harvested and your username to prevent you getting stuff back that was yours! PLEASE NO SEEDS OLDER THEN 2013.
SEED PER PACK: I understand that seed counts will vary but please try to include 25 seeds at least in a packet unless it is considered rare or BIG seeds.
****Also please try to include the best seeds listed with the variety instead of "red" or "orange". I think everyone would appreciate less generic seeds!! Those that send more variety named ones, I will do my best to send the same back to you!

Rule #6 : EXTRAS - Please feel free to send in any extra seeds that you do not expect anything back for and will not go towards your 50 packet limit! Please mark on them EXTRA and I will distribute them mostly to winter sowing newbies and then to anyone else!

Rule # 8 : You will get as many packets back as you sent in and most likely, a few more! :)

Rule #9 : When you mail your package, please include 6-8 stamps minimum for return postage, your seeds, and a SENT list of what you sent in for the swap!

RULE # 8 AND IMPORTANT: UPDATE your wish/want list on your gardenweb page!!!!!! Please :)

Closing Speech : I welcome as little or as many participants as possible!! I ask that you all try to do your best to send in some good varieties and seeds! It makes for a better swap and for newbies to winter sowing, it will be much more exciting for them! I will do your best as your host, to make good matches and there will be a PRIZE/DRAWING sometime after the 21st!!! :) So get packing those seeds!! and happy Winter Sowing to everyone! :) I am already over a hundred containers myself! Lol

~michael
heavenlyfarm

Hi and Welcome!! :) If you have not been following my other thread about doing my own swap, then hello, I'm Michael and I hope to host a great swap! I'm sorry about the delayed timing and I know it is a last minute swap for winter sowing!
So for the rules:::

Rule #1 : This swap will run sign-ups till the 21st of January, packages must be mailed in by the 28th of January. I hope to have packages returned within a week time frame and by the 7th or so of February. (like I said this is late minute so please note this)

Rule #2 : HAVE FUN AND ENJOY IT :) I would want any of you newbies to have a good time and enjoy your first year of winter sowing and get some great seeds!!

Rule #3 : Post here if you would like to join and let us know about your winter sowing experience and how long you have been doing it or if this is your first time. Also if you wish(I encourage!!!), please post a wish list of your top 10 Wants!!This can be as vague or as specific as you want it to be but please be reminded that it will be harder to match seeds for you if you include only specific things and none was sent in for this swap!

Rule# 4: Please also send me an email with your GardenWeb Username and your mailing address.

Rule #5 : As it is my first time hosting, I will limit the total packets you can send in to 50!(only up to 3 of the same thing/variety please!) Please have each seed packet labeled with the year harvested and your username to prevent you getting stuff back that was yours! PLEASE NO SEEDS OLDER THEN 2013.
SEED PER PACK: I understand that seed counts will vary but please try to include 25 seeds at least in a packet unless it is considered rare or BIG seeds.
****Also please try to include the best seeds listed with the variety instead of "red" or "orange". I think everyone would appreciate less generic seeds!! Those that send more variety named ones, I will do my best to send the same back to you!

Rule #6 : EXTRAS - Please feel free to send in any extra seeds that you do not expect anything back for and will not go towards your 50 packet limit! Please mark on them EXTRA and I will distribute them mostly to winter sowing newbies and then to anyone else!

Rule # 8 : You will get as many packets back as you sent in and most likely, a few more! :)

Rule #9 : When you mail your package, please include 6-8 stamps minimum for return postage, your seeds, and a SENT list of what you sent in for the swap!

RULE # 8 AND IMPORTANT: UPDATE your wish/want list on your gardenweb page!!!!!! Please :)

Closing Speech : I welcome as little or as many participants as possible!! I ask that you all try to do your best to send in some good varieties and seeds! It makes for a better swap and for newbies to winter sowing, it will be much more exciting for them! I will do your best as your host, to make good matches and there will be a PRIZE/DRAWING sometime after the 21st!!! :) So get packing those seeds!! and happy Winter Sowing to everyone! :) I am already over a hundred containers myself! Lol

~michael
heavenlyfarm

**********PARTICIPANTS*************

dawn1972 (Dawn) -RECEIVED
EricaBraun (Erica) - RECEIVED
Panhandle_Seed_Swap (Sheri) - RECEIVED
ishareflowers (Lisa) -RECEIVED
dem_pa - RECEIVED
midwestfarmwife - RECEIVED
kchd (Katie) - RECEIVED
mcc371 (Tammy) -RECEIVED
wilsha - RECEIVED