SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon2079

my propagations normally turn brown/black

sharon2079
9 years ago

I have one that hasn't turned black. It has been in a pot for two months. It is an inch wide stem that I started in the wrap burrito method. The stem is still green, so I would assume that it is still alive. Eleven of his siblings in that same cutting died within a week of putting them in the pot after they had callused. The dirt in the pot is looking dry, but I am afraid to water it, due to killing. It seems that is when everything seems to go belly-up.
In fact, I have six more cuttings that I have started by using RootTone and then putting them in a pot. All but one of those is turning black at the bottom. They all looked nice until I thought the soil looked awful dry. So I gave it some water, and poof. They were gone.

My question, is when should I water these things. Both in the regular cuttings and in the burrito method. I know not to keep the pots super wet, but on these post it says to keep them damp. How and when do I do this. I can't mist. So any other suggestions from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County