SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leava

growing what you like to eat

leava
9 years ago

i keep trying to think through how to grow what we like to eat.which mostly seems to be a process of figuring out what to grow that has a decent chance to produce here then training myself and hubby to like those things :) i think we are just so accustomed to a wide variety of out of season items in the supermarket that it is hard to think and act as people who plant to eat all along from a garden.for instance i love to grow stuff that lets us extend harvest into fall and winter.but even when for example i had a wonderful butternut squash harvest after awhile we were just tired of them no matter how creative i got cooking them.and some things that grow so well we don't eat a ton of like peppers...i don't know if this rambling even makes sense but thinking through what i will do this year.i turned 60 in September.I am the one who earns the food part of our budget and since i cleverly injured a shoulder months ago i want to make every effort count.i am thinking this year to dry more and freeze more.of course i resolve this every year but planning it into weekly schedule.i am going to plant smaller amounts of more things too.i bought this wonderful book at our library sale which is the history of food throughout human existence and it is fascinating reading helping me think outside the box.....

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH