SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valandlover

Thoughts on a good lawn tractor.

VAlandlover
9 years ago

This appears to be a site of knowledgeable folks with common sense suggestions so I am asking for thoughts on purchasing a new lawn tractor vs. fixing my old one. I have a DJ LT155 that I have been very happy with. It has been a work horse for 14 years, Other than the routine maintenance (oil, belt, blade changes), I have only had to replace parts on the steering and transmission fan. Not a surprise since I have many obstacles to go around. It is now to the point where I will have to replace both rear tires @ $70 each and the battery. The transmission has been slowing down and the engine uses oil. I can live with the oil usage and it may be that the only issue with the tranny is that the belt needs adjusting (or can it be rebuilt?). Some steering parts again need replacing along with the blades. I have been looking at new mowers and was leaning toward the JD X300 but found out it has the K46 tranny. I am concerned about it lasting. My other choice was the Cub Cadet XT2 (same issue). If repairing my old mower is out of the question, what mower would make a good substitute? I don't want a Briggs and Stratton engine and want to avoid the K46. Trying to keep the price under $2500. In my mind, the LT155 will be hard to live up to.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions