SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marvin134

Sears lawn tractor 27686 sounds good!

16 years ago

From the "JD130 is broken" thread:

Posted by richard48367 (My Page) on Wed, May 30, 07 at 8:43

Noticed that Sears has a CLEARANCE on 54" 24hp full pressure hydro model 27686 regular price 2399 for 1998. It is a Husky. Bet you the belts won't fall off of that one!

Richard, I have been looking online for HOURS trying to find out who makes that 27686 mower for Sears. I ordered it yesterday, and it will be delivered first week of July. I'm glad to hear Husqvarna makes it. Are they related to American Yard Products? Everything I've found says American Yard Products makes Craftsman lawn tractors, and some folks say that they are Electrolux, which spun off Husqvarna. As you probably know, the first 3 numbers of the serial number tell who makes it, I've learned in my searching. 917 is AYP. According to http://www.outdoordistributors.com/Craftsman/Craftsman_Search.html, there is no three-number ID for Husqvarna.

This is so confusing!!

I could not find an actual web site for AYP, and I really tried. I found this forum in my searching. I was afraid the mower would be a brand that has an unreliable history, though Craftsman and Husqvarna are very good. Any info from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marvin

Comments (2)