SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seashine

Help design SMALL in-city front yard

seashine
9 years ago

I'd like to ask for suggestions for the front yard of my house.
I'm posting a few photos now and will try to post better (non-pano) ones as well as a basic sketch of the yard. Tell me what other photos or information I should provide. I promise, this isn't a post-and-run. I'm in! Thank you!

I'd like it to:
-look nicer than it does now
-be fairly low maintenance (can water/weed, maybe some other things if I learn what to do)
-be small children friendly (no thorns)

I'm planning:
-to remove the trees that are right against the foundation (assuming they are bad for the foundation, and that being so close to the house is bad).
I think they are a holly, a cypress, a tall skinny juniper, and a camellia. Could easily be wrong. I've been told the flowering cherry (near sidewalk) is diseased and should go, but I would like it to stay. I don't want a barren front yard!
-to remove the junipers that line the sidewalk. Hidden behind/underneath them is a rock retaining wall. Although I like the privacy the height of the junipers provides and would like to find something/way to retain the privacy (small fence or plants).

We use this space as an easily accessible play space for our children and as our primary entrance into our house.

The front yard is lower in elevation from the sidewalk.

The parcel is 44 feet wide and 16 feet from the sidewalk to the front of the house.
{{gwi:2117658}}

{{gwi:2117659}}

{{gwi:2117660}}

{{gwi:2117661}}

Comments (10)