Looking for a illustrated children's book about flowers
16 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
Related Discussions
The Curious Garden - Children's Book
Comments (2)Aimeekitty- This looks like a wonderful book. I'm always looking for fun and interesting books for my nieces and nephews. Thanks for the recommendation :) Here is a link that might be useful: Curious Garden...See MoreWriting a children's book
Comments (3)I have a 3 yo. He likes the books that relate to him. Some of his favorite books are the "No, David" books by David Shannon. The character, David, in the books acts like DS, but has the same name as one of DS's friends. DS thinks these books are great. DS is also at a stage night now where books without a storyline appeal to him. My fil introuduced DS to magazines that sell big construction equipment like bulldozers, backhoes, etc. These magazines were just ads for selling the stuff. No storyline. DS can sit and look at these magazines for hours. DS also likes the books that rhyme. Right now he likes books that only have about 4 lines per page, but he is getting better about paying attention to the longer books. As a parent reading a book to my child, I prefer a storyline. Regardless of what my child picks out, I have to find the book interesting. If I don't like the book, that book may not get read again. Books I don't like...disappear. As far as certain topics like smoking, drinking, etc., I would never let my child read those books. I would probably ask to have them removed or placed in a seperate section if I saw them in the kids section of the library....See MoreLooking for young child's book about rocking horse or pony
Comments (5)And here is Grandma (me) with 4 week old baby brother, Kieran! It did my heart good to go cuddle grandbabies for the weekend. There were a few pains, knowing that I'm missing one (Maison) but I know we'll be reunited with him one day, and in the meantime, I'm going to have all the cuddle time I can with the grandbabies we still have with us....See MoreLooking for children's poetry book suggestions
Comments (8)Is nonsense poetry OK? If so, try Jack Prelutsky. My sister (an elementary school librarian) gave me one of his books when I lamented the loss of my absolute favorite book of children's poetry, the Arrow Book of Funny Poems. :) It contained such classics as Eletelephony ("Once there was an elephant/Who tried to use the telephant/No No! I mean...), Grandpa Dropped His Glasses ("in a pot of dye/and when he put them on again, he saw a purple sky"), When Daddy Fell into the Pond, and so on. Prelutsky's work is similar to these great nonsensical rhymes. Of course, there's TS Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, as well as AA Milne's Pooh poems, Lewis Carroll, Edward Lear, Longfellow. There are several picture books which illustrate single poems as well: for example, Alffred Noyes' The Highwayman illustrated by Charles Mikolaycak, Robert Frost's Birches illustrated by Ed Young... Also, check Inside Out & Back Again, by Thannha Lai. A memoir in verse of a Vietnamese girl whose family fled Saigon in 1975 and ended up in the southern US. It covers her last year in Vietnam, as one of the Boat People, and her first year in the US; she was 10 or so at the beginning of the book. Although it describes her personal experience of the culture shock from Vietnam to the US, it has universal appeal - when I put the book down, I was vividly remembering my own experience starting a new school in a new town when I was 12!...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

BOOKS11 Great Children’s Books About Home (and 2 Honorable Mentions)
Homes come in many different shapes and sizes, and these kids’ books highlight the tallest, the smallest, the oldest and the silliest
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESGuest Picks: Around the World in 28 Illustrators (for Kids)
Deck your nursery walls with artistic prints from all over the globe
Full Story
FUN HOUZZHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your Dream House
Let your home fantasy loose — the sky's the limit, and we want to hear all about it
Full Story
BOOKS8 Profound Design Books — From the Children's Section
Sometimes genius comes from empty boxes, blue horses and the powerful freedom of 'ish'
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROSWhat Do Landscape Architects Do?
There are many misconceptions about what landscape architects do. Learn what they bring to a project
Full Story
EVENTSSee the Vermont House Where Rudyard Kipling Wrote ‘The Jungle Book’
The author penned many works here, including his children’s classic, which Disney has remade into a movie
Full Story
FUN HOUZZGuessing Game: What Might Our Living Rooms Say About Us?
Take a shot on your own or go straight to just-for-fun speculations about whose homes these could be
Full Story
FURNITUREAim High: What to Know About Adding a Library Ladder
Have books or shelves out of reach? Here’s how to get a library ladder that works just right for your needs
Full Story
PETSWhat Chihuahuas Can Teach Us About Interior Design
Who knew these tiny dogs could be such a huge fount of design tips? Houzzers did
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGWhat's LEED All About, Anyway?
If you're looking for a sustainable, energy-efficient home, look into LEED certification. Learn about the program and its rating system here
Full Story
yoyobon_gw