SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gooseberrygirl

Reading Habits

gooseberrygirl
17 years ago

I am not sure if it is my fast approaching old age but in the last year or two I have gone from being a read by the seat of my pants type, by which I mean I would think nothing of reading the middle book of a series first, to being obsessive about reading in order. Also, I would not read two of any genre in a row. On library visits I would get a mystery, a novel, a bio or memoir, a classic, you get the idea.

But now, and I think this started with the Mitford books, I not only have to read in order, I have to read the entire series before I can go on to another novel. I think my head has shrunk and will now only hold one set of characters at a time.

I have been reading Beverly Lewis's Abram's Daughters series and have read the first two books and while I want a bit of a break, today at the library I realized that I can't even think of any other regular novel but I did find two irregular novels to maybe read in between the rest of this series.

The problem is, and it is what happened with Mitford, I am thinking what is happening in Lancaster County that I am missing?

I did pick up Jasper Fforde's The Big Over Easy which I think will be a perfect "break" book, plus a Jane Langton mystery.

Anyone else have reading issues?

Comments (32)