SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwells523

Need help finding title of book...

lwells523
17 years ago

Maybe someone can help me with this. I've been trying to find a book I read in High school. The problem is I don't know the name of the book, the author, or the publishing date. It was just a book I grabbed off the shelf to keep me occupied for a few minutes and turned out to be really interesting.

The plotline is very similar to the "Left Behind" Series and "The Omega Code" movie but I'm pretty sure it was written before either of those.

Here are the details I remember from the book. The main character is a pilot (fighter & airline I think) and he comes home to find his wife is missing....along with lots of other people around the globe. He makes it a mission to find out what happened until she appears to him in a dream and tells him she is ok and to stop looking. During this time a new world leader emerges and starts the process of implanting chips in peoples hands. The pilot joins a group of underground rebels against this process. There is list of the members of the group and a list of the sympathizers to the cause. His buddy tells him he "couldn't go through with it", but actually did anyways and his name shows up on the sympathizers list.

The pilot along with his new girlfriend soon join the Israeli (I think) army. They have their jets painted any way they want. The pilot gets an eagle painted on his. They go to war with the Russian army and, with the help of the lasers on their jets, destroy every Russian jet, bullets, missile and tank.

Not long after, the pilot is captured by the world leader and I think is going to be killed. While chained to a wall or something the pilot makes the groups symbol with his arms. The symbol is basically the "Jesus Fish" and when a spotlight shines on him the symbol is projected on to the wall.

While the book has many biblical themes I don't remember the bible, or Jesus, or the antichrist mentioned at all. Thats about all I remember but if anyone knows this book please let me know. It has been driving me totally crazy for years. Thanks.

Comments (3)