SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cluckers_gw

Which type of pump for our pond?!

cluckers
13 years ago

Hello Pond People,

I am Mel and come from a little village in Northamptonshire-UK.

Sorry to waffle here but I need to ask some advice on our pond please!

We have a natural pond-equates to 65,000 Gallons-or approx 300,000 litres.

Ok,we want to place a pump in for a waterfall feature-And to help filter some-or mainly assist in aeration.Though we would be unable to spend fortunes in a bid to recirculate all of the water in the pond-recommended rate for Koi etc.

There are goldfish,Common,Golden orfe,Shubunkins,Crucian carp,Tench,and some Rudd.(someone once let their children put the goldfish etc in,they bred like crazy,we have an approximate guess of 200 fish.-that we can see.

We have looked at a Clarke TAM105,only cheap-(as we are "the good life" grow our own,self sufficient-and not super wealthy by any means.)We simply could not afford the fortunes to go the hog with the pond,so we have to have something simple,would this pump be ok to use? And if not,please advise why not,I wish to make sure we get the right Type of pump.some say anything shall do,we wish to suck the water up some 15 feet,prior to it actually going into the pump,then it is all downhill from there so to speak.

Preferably we wanted a 2" bore,but this is only 1" and I am unsure if it shall create the "gushing" I wish for-to bring some life to the pond without going potty.

Your advice would be very much appreciated please.

Comment

Sponsored