SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polshampark

Flooding - Disaster!!

polshampark
18 years ago

Tremendous storms and flooding here last night. The drains couldn't cope and a mass of water came through into my patio garden completely flooding the pond with dirty water and debris. So far I have found five dead fish amongst the debris but more important I am afraid of losing the rest due to the high ammonia toxic reading.. I am desperately trying to empty the pond by shoving a hosepipe over the mouth of the waterfall and draining it into the already sodden shrubbery. I have just started to hose in tap water to try to dilute the ammonia. Is this the right thing to do or should I empty as much water as I can first?

Not having anyone to help is one of the disadvantages of living alone!

I am absolutely gutted at the sight of my lovely new pond. Leaves and debris are silted among the shelf plants and the water is a dirty grey. I have seen a couple of fish but they are keeping to the bottom for the most part.

This all happened because my window-cleaner left the gate open yesterday and I forgot to check it was closed. There is a board across the bottom of the gate to stop any debris entering if there should be a drainage problem.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything more I can do - other than gradually change the water.

Tricia

Comments (14)

Sponsored